Monday, September 12, 2011

"Flame"



Artist:  Betsy Jones


About the Artist:  

My ultimate goal as an artist is to make people stop... look... breathe... then feel.
In this day of instant gratification, one of the greatest honors an artist can have is for someone to stop and really take a moment, for him/herself as well as for the appreciation of the art.

I work primarily in Colored Pencil, Acrylic Paint, Mixed Media, Pen & Ink, and dabble in photography.

All you see is all a part of me, from my color study non-objective paintings, to my Circles Series (colorful geometric abstracted landscapes), to my infatuation with Japanese culture and the geisha (coming to FAA soon). Some images come from my heart, some from my soul, and some from somewhere behind my eyes... it is the blank surface that tells me where to look within myself to create something that I will love.

I hope you all stop... and enjoy my images as much as I enjoy creating the artwork!

Thank you,
Betsy Jones


Dimensions:  18 x 24 inch

Materials:  Mixed Media (Acrylic Paint, Black Mica FLake, Molding Paste, etc) on Canvas, ready to hang, no frame (signed by Betsy Jones, for SCOUT)

Inspiration for the piece from the artist:  "Flame" was inspired by a fiery feeling of passion and how that passion overshadows one's innocence

Starting Bid:  $75 (This item would normally sell for $250-300 in a gallery)

Shipping:  Betsy is offering FREE domestic USPS shipping.  Or if you prefer and are in Pittsburgh, we (Josh and Becky) can deliver it to you in person.

To bid on the item, post the starting bid or a higher bid in $1 or more increments as a comment on this post.  The highest bid at 8pm on Saturday the 17th will win the auction and will be notified by email from us.  

2 comments:

Please leave an email address that we can contact you through in the case that you are the winning bid. Thank you for the bid! =)